Saturday, March 15, 2008

Elastigirl

Last night, I was very sick. I still am sick today, but last night was worse than this morning. Jason didn't make it home until 8:30 pm, so I had Raylen to myself and was desperately trying to get her to understand that Mommy just needed rest. I finally begged her to sit on my bed with me and watch The Incredibles while I slept. I made her promise that she wouldn't get off the bed until I told her. She seemed to understand. I think I slept for about 45 minutes or so when I was awakened by Ray tapping my face saying "Mommy, I'm going to be Elastigirl!" Still groggy, I said, "okay" and went back to sleep. Some time later, I heard some noise and woke up to find Raylen jumping around the room like a super hero. I reminded her that she was supposed to be on the bed to which she responded "Mommy, I'm Elastigirl!", in a tone annoyed that I should have remembered her earlier declaration. It was then that I caught a good glimpse of her face and I was shocked to find that she had indeed become Elastigirl, with a little help from my makeup bag. The picture doesn't do her makeup job justice....

The moral of the story is, when you have a three year old, never, and I mean never, fall asleep.

2 comments:

Laura said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! You know you will think back on this and laugh...soon, hopefully! I hope you are feeling better. Sick Mommy + NOT SICK little one at hoome alone ALWAYS spells trouble at our house!

Anonymous said...

Making memories girl...it's such a blessing!