I haven't posted many pictures of our beauty lately, but today we went to the pond and fed the ducks and took some photos in this wonderful weather. We are doing better with discipline (our part) and listening/obeying (Raylen's part) which allows us to actually enjoy each other's company. Raylen makes me laugh and inspires me at the same time-she is a true free spirit, going wherever the wind may take her. My roommate in college used to say "Be the wind!" and I have gotten in the habit of saying that to Raylen when I want her to hurry. But, truly, she has taken it to heart, not in speed, but in taking in life and all it's joys. Raylen was ecstatic over seeing two turtles swimming and finding a duck egg on the shore. I didn't get pictures of those, but they are forever in my memory.
They are a little more than a year apart and are growing closer each day.
This is my favorite photo of them by far.
And of course, the ducks. They will actually come to you when called like puppies.

No comments:
Post a Comment