Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Thankful Heart Is a Happy Heart

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and we do have a lot to be thankful for.  Confession: the stress of our current situation with M&M baby leaves me more anxious than thankful, I'm sad to say.  There are things I KNOW in my brain like, God is faithful.  He didn't bring us to this point to leave us here.  He loves M&M and us more than we can imagine and has good in His heart for us.  I can't add a single second to my life by worrying.  BUT, in the moments of my day, I find myself analyzing every word spoken by the powers that be in the case and angling each potential moves from each player like I'm in the chess match of my life.  It's exhausting.  So today, I just want to be thankful.  I just want to relish in the moments that God has given us NOW.  As I type, I have two beautiful girls entrusted to me.  One is on the verge of young womanhood with bright eyes each day learning more and more.  Another is literally finding her feet...and her tongue...and her voice and discovering all that she has in this exciting world.  Both have the biggest smiles that melt mine and their daddy's heart.  I am thankful for a husband who works hard for his family, who fights for them fearlessly, who stands up in the face of anything or anyone that would oppose them and who admits when he's wrong and seeks to do better next time.  I am thankful for the opportunity to be thankful and to be in circumstances that draw me to trust more and more in my Savior.

Below is one of my favorite songs.  Yes, it's a Veggie Tale song. But, around our house, we try to sing it often to remind us that we have all we need today to be thankful.  Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: